Ok, so you all may have noticed by now, but when I have news that I have to wait to share, I tend to stay away from my blog, so I wont spill the beans. I have absolutely NO threshold for secret-keeping. (my OWN secrets.) So, anyway, I was trying to wait until everything was settled before I told, but eh…it’s taking to long.
Soooo, my big news is that we’re buying a house! We found one that we absolutely love! It’s 1500 sq feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, fireplace,big yard, nice neighborhood. They were asking 108,000, and after negotiating, we were able to get it for 105,500, with the seller paying the closing costs. Sounds great right? Well, it was…….until we got the home inspected.
Both times we looked at the house, the tenants (the owner was renting out the house)were still there, so there was furniture around, and one of the bathrooms (the guest bath) was always occupied. Once they were out, and the home was inspected, guess what we found?
MOLD. Nasty, black, environmental health hazard, MOLD! And these people were just LIVING in it. How disgusting!? So now, we have to wait until the seller gives us an answer on if he’s going to fix it or not (Along with the moisture problem that is causing the mold, which is problems with the roof.). We got an Environmental Inspector to come out and look at it, and the cost to clean up the mold is about $4000 dollars, plus he has to fix the roof, so I’m assuming that’s why its taking so long for them to get back to us. (It’s only been like 5 days since we found out about the mold, but our tentative closing date is Sept.25, PLUS if we are leaving our apartment, we need to break the lease by Sept.1, so those 5 days have seemed like forever! Just tell us if you’re gonna fix it or not, crap.)
But really, the house had been on the market for 172 days when we came in, so he may as well just fix it for us and go on and get it off of his hands. Our underwriter will NOT approve a mortgage on this house unless the problems are fixed, and he assured us that no one else would either. (And I dont blame them…..mold is dangerous!) So, we’re pretty confident that it will be taken care of, I just want them to stop dragging their feet! I dont want to be moving while im 7 or 8 months pregnant! I wouldnt be doing any heavy lifting, but still! We want to paint, and do some other projects, and the closing date of the 25th already only gives us 5 days to have the house ready to move in before we have to be out of our apartment. *sigh*
Anyway, wish us luck! I have an aapointment tommorrow to get the fancy ultrasound where they tell you about the baby’s organs, and brain, and hopefully assure you that all is well. You also get a fancy picture, so I’ll be sharing it with you guys tommorrow. I can blog now that i’ve spilled the beans, lol!