I’ve decide that I need to do something to make my mornings more enjoyable. As it stands now, I drag myself out of bed whenever Izzy decides she’s ready to be up and about (which is normally about 7am). Fix her a bottle, change her diaper. Straighten up the living room. Fix breakfast while trying to keep Izzy from eating random crumbs off of the kitchen floor. (because SERIOUSLY?!?! How does she always find an old onion peel or something to put in her mouth? I keep my kitchen clean. I sweep my floor. Yet she ALWAYS finds something gross to put in her mouth. WHY?). Eat breakfast while Izzy whines at my feet because she can’t have my eggs. Clean up after breakfast. Maybe be able to wash my face and brush my teeth?
This progression….well, for lack of a better word…..it sucks! I want to enjoy my mornings! I want to wake up and look forward to what im about to do. So, here is how my morning are going to START going (insert derisive laughter here)
- Wake up whenever Izzy does (because seriously, there’s nothing I can do about this!)
- Brush my teeth and wash my face. Fix Hair.(because who wants to walk around being gross from the neck up for hours?)
- Change Izzy’s diaper, fix Izzy’s hair, Fix Izzy’s bottle.
- Put on clothes while Izzy has bottle.
- Take Izzy for morning walk. (Izzy in stroller.)
- Fix breakfast.
- Put Izzy down for first nap of the day.
- Take shower, then start on all 1,500 things I have to do for the day.
That looks amazing to me. Yes. Yes it does. I think I’ll work on doing this for a whole week and see if I can make it a habit. Then, we’ll see about putting some planning and structure into action for the rest of the day. I’m going to go ahead and speak success over this, in advance.
What do your mornings look like?