So. Today marks the first day of what I’m promising myself will be a major change in my life. Maybe, hopefully, yours too! I wrote about the Cut The Fluff challenge on Saturday, and today will be the beginning of that challenge.
My name is Christina, and I want to lose 20-30lbs. My current weight is 187lbs, and I am 5’8″. Once I reach the 20lb loss, I will evaluate, and then determine if I want to lose more.
I want to lose the weight because I am tired of not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Im tired of not feeling good in my clothes. I want to be healthy. I want to wear a 2 piece bathing suit. I want to be able to show my daughter a healthy body image, and instill good eating habits, early on. I have a ton of reasons, actually, lol.
The challenges this week are:
- Set a calorie goal, and track EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. Don’t skip counting any calories you drink. Nutrition Data has an EXCELLENT calculator for determining what your daily caloric needs are to maintain your current weight. Livestrong and Sparkpeople are both excellent places to track your calories, and they both also have tools that will help you determine a calorie goal based on the amount of calories you want to use. But this week’s concern is NOT sticking to your calorie goal. It’s seeing how much you eat relates to how much you should be eating. I’m willing to bet it will be VERY eye opening for you!
- Incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into every meal. Most leafy greens are excellent and getting (and keeping) you feeling full.
- Make time for at least 2 hours of exercise this week. Split this up however you need to, but keep in mind that in most cases, it takes your body 30 mins to get really warmed up and start burning calories. Your heart rate takes a while to build up and remain steady at an elevated pace. As an example, I can take off at a sprint, and get my heart rate up spike up high, but as soon as I slow down, it’s going to take a major dip. But if I build it up at a steady pace, I can speed up, slow down, but my heart rate will remain elevated, allowing me to still burn a good amount of calories even when I need to take little walking breaks between laps. (Im sorry if that explanation is a little confusing)
So, to reiterate, the challenge goals (you make your own new goals too!) this week are:
- Create a calorie goal and track everything you eat.
- Incorporate fresh fruits and vegetable into as many meals as you can.
- Get in at least 2 hours of exercise this week.
Good luck this week ladies, and the linky is at the bottom of this post! Remember, you can find us on twitter by searching for the hashtag #CutTheFluff!