- Yeah, so, at first I had named this post Wednesday randoms. Only..it’s not Wednesday. It’s Thursday. Ok. lmbo!
- We bought a totally monster turkey. 24lbs. I’m feeding 9 adults, 1 teenage boy, 2 preteen boys, and a seriously cute toddler. And I plan on sending everyone who doesn’t live here home with a plate. I’m not a big fan of turkey, so I really need it to be taken of. That turkey, along with a ham that Byron insisted on, cost almost what I spend on groceries for a whole week around here. I host big dinners just far enough apart that I forget how expensive it is. I still have to buy all of the rest of the groceries too!
- I’ve gotta find Izzy something cute to wear for Thursday!
- I am really starting to feel burnt out! This vacation can’t come soon enough! we’re about 60 (maybe 50 something) days out, and I’m very excited! We’ll be staying 2 nights in Houston, then driving to Galveston the morning of cruise departure. 7 days, Western Caribbean, on the Carnival Magic! We’ve paid for the cruise (without adding any debt, of course), and booked the hotel, and…that’s it. Haven’t bought a single article of cruise wear, don’t even own luggage. We should probably get on that. Sooner than later.
- Izzy has been very possessive of MY phone lately. Demanding “BIRDS!” (Angry Birds), or painting, or balloon popping. She has also been learning to use a digital camera. Here’s a picture she took of me yesterday. She insisted that I hold Frank!
- I am SO ready to start decorating for Christmas! I’ve decided to go bright and shiny, pink, teal, and silver! I think Izzy will love it, and I’m going to do my best to make the decorations fun without going tacky. But that’s part of the fun, right? We’re thinking about doing LED lights, but do they really save any money?
That’s all for now! I need to work on my
ridiculous fabulous Thanksgiving menu. I’ve created a spreadsheet. Yes, I’m crazy.