With Zoe’s (projected) arrival date getting closer and closer, just 47 days away, I’ve found myself getting a bit anxious. Not necessarily for her to get here, because I want her to have all of the time she needs to cook (Even though I’ve had just….a “feeling” that she won’t stay put the full 40 weeks. I hope I’m wrong). I’m getting more and more excited for things I’ll be able to do after she arrives. Things that aren’t baby related at.all. Here’s my list:
- Have a BIG, preferably frozen, alcoholic drink. This will probably have to wait a bit after arrival, since I’ll need to establish milk supply, and then pump for her, but once that happens? Oh, it’s going down.
- Drink milk without feeling nauseous.
- Sleep on my stomach
- Not um….leaking…when I sneeze.
- Have non-pregnant sex. Seriously, at this point, it’s not nearly as fun as it should be.
- Go more than 30 minutes without needing to pee.
- Not feeling light-headed if I don’t eat every 2 hours.
- Being able to focus on tasks.
- Non-swollen feet
- Walk from one end of my house to the other without being out of breath.
Of course, there are a ton of Zoe-related things to look forward to as well, but ↑these things? These are my own, private, simple little pleasures that I am sooo ready for!
What did you look forward to most post-pregnancy? (That had nothing to do with the new baby!)